Malaysia - Pulau Redang / Redang Island

 

Map picture
DSC08967 After months now I have some time to review about the island that I went to in June, 2009. I went there with colleagues of the same University. It was not arranged my me though. It was arranged by the team members and I just followed where ever they went.

Pulau Redang is well known for its beautiful coral reefs and its marine park. It is well known because of its untouched beauty (may be overrated) and amazing coral reefs not too deep under the crystal clear blue sea. It was amazing when I first got there because the water was so clear and I could see schools of fish swimming near the jetties and gathering around human whenever they see any. I couldn’t believe my eyes when I first got there. New Zealand is nothing compared to its marine beauty. The lush green palm trees were swaying as if they were dancing hawaiian welcom dance to welcome us there. The cooling breeze made the place even warmer and better.

The island is separated into a few parts that I know off. There are three parts that I know; the first is the Pantai Panjang aka “Long Beach”  where there are so many people and there are many well known resorts there. The night can be really busy and noisy too with club music and people getting drunk. It’s more or less like a disco at a beach at night. So, if you like to be there for the sake of disco then you might as well go to better night clubs in the hustle and bustle of Kuala Lumpur or Pulau Pinang. The second part is perkampungan nelayan or fishing villages where the native of the island live and having their daily “slow” live. It’s amazing how the life on the other side of the hills is. The last part that I know is the part where I stayed before. It’s a resort on a private beach that is so peaceful and far from noise like the main resorts. I didn’t stay at a resort though. It was more like a backpackers. Stayed there for 3 days 2 nights. Oh well, how I wished I had more days and nights there but I had to leave the place.

There are so many places for diving and snorkelling there in Pulau Redang. It was so beautiful on a good weather but when it’s not better not go diving or snorkelling. It’s pretty dangerous and the water isn’t so clear too. I went to Pulau Kerengga Kecil and Pulau Kerengga Besar there. When I was there I saw a brother that actually trying to harass me something, which I didn’t really know what was his real intention though. He was some sort of a clown in a water but hey he was funny at that time. I was laughing. Back to the underwater creatures and fish and stones and weird stuffs. At first, it was really scary for me to see those stuff and it gave a creep and chill to my spine. That was the first snorkelling but after and I didn’t wear my contact lenses and it was quite blurry I must say. However, I enjoyed watching the fish swimming and chasing each other. So many beautiful fish there were when I was there. Haha.. How I wished I could catch it and grill it by the beach. Must be yummy. Out of all the places I went for snorkelling, I think the best place to dive (and of course everyone should go there) is The Marine Park of Redang. That place is awesome. Very beautiful and stunning I must say.

I think that’s it. I don’t really want to say too much about it. It should be really interesting for you to go if you like it. I personally love the place. Don’t forget to bring you waterproof camera case. It’s very beneficial while you snorkel or dive. Happy Holiday!! 

For more photos go to Photo 1, Photo 2, Photo 3, and the rest you can see it from my Flickr. :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A new teacher experience a new life!

Reminiscence

GLAD it's ALMOST OVER!