To Fast or Not to Fast?

Like I have a choice by being Muslim and I surely have to fast during Ramadhan. Oh wait, not every muslim in this world who fast during Ramadhan. I just know because I see it myself and I know it myself, not just this Ramadhan but also past Ramadhans as well. I sincerely say it here that I may not be as pious as some other people to write about religious stuff but hey lets just read it and then we know okay. I just want to spread the knowledge to you guys who read my blog and thanks for that.

This is the sentence taken from the Qur'an, it says

“O you who believe! Observing As-Sawm (the fasting) is prescribed for you as it was prescribed for those before you, that you may become Al-Muttaqoon (the pious)”

[al-Baqarah 2:183]

Okay, now we have the evidence saying that now only now but people before us had fasting during Ramadhan. I have no idea since when though but they had. So we should follow this beautiful tradition of ours and besides it's not simply a tradition but a symbol of faith and submission to Allah S. W. T. Anyway, I still remember the 5 pillars of Islam and one of them is fasting during Ramadhan. So, what makes us Islam? all those 5 pillars but here I just want to talk about fasting k.

According to this evidence taken from the Qur'an, fasting is not a burden at all to us. It's a blessings to add on to our deeds. See, how gracious Allah is to us by giving us Ramadhan.

“The month of Ramadan in which was revealed the Qur’aan, a guidance for mankind and clear proofs for the guidance and the criterion (between right and wrong). So whoever of you sights (the crescent on the first night of) the month (of Ramadan i.e. is present at his home), he must observe Sawm (fasts) that month, and whoever is ill or on a journey, the same number [of days which one did not observe Sawm (fasts) must be made up] from other days. Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you. (He wants that you) must complete the same number (of days), and that you must magnify Allaah [i.e. to say Takbeer (Allaahu Akbar: Allaah is the Most Great)] for having guided you so that you may be grateful to Him”

[al-Baqarah 2:185

It is not burdening at all for it allows us not to fast if we meet some conditions which are sickness or if we're really unable to fast for medical reasons. Oh well, thank you Allah and Alhamdulillah for giving us 'kemudahan' in order for us to fast.

So, what is going to happen to people who fail to follow this simple task by not fasting because of nothing? I don't know for sure but here is something that I surely know.

A saheeh report which warns against not fasting was narrated by Ibn Khuzaymah (1986) and Ibn Hibbaan (7491) from Abu Umaamah al-Baahili who said: I heard the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) say: “Whilst I was sleeping two men came to me and took my by the arm and brought me to a cragged mountain. They said, ‘Climb up.’ I said, ‘I cannot.’ They said, ‘We will make it easy for you.’ So I climbed up until I was at the top of the mountain. Then I heard loud voices. I said, ‘What are these voices?’ They said, ‘This is the howling of the people of Hell.” Then I was taken until I saw people hanging by their hamstrings, with the sides of their mouths torn and blood pouring from their mouths.’ I said, ‘Who are these?’ He said, ‘These are people who broke their fast before it was time.’” Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh Mawaarid al-Zam’aan, no. 1509. Taken from Islam Question & Answer.

Ahh well, Allah knows best. Allah knows what to do to them. Oh by the way, that's for people who fast but break their fast before the time. Imagine what will happen to the people who do not want to fast at all. I just do not want to imagine about it.

However, if you have done this which is not fasting in Ramadhan and you did something else. For sure there is a door or repentance for you. Read the following,

“Know they not that Allaah accepts repentance from His slaves and takes the Sadaqaat (alms, charity), and that Allaah Alone is the One Who forgives and accepts repentance, Most Merciful?”

[al-Tawbah 9:104]

If you try fasting and find out how easy it is and what comfort it brings and how close it brings you to Allaah, you will never give it up.

Think about what Allaah says at the end of the verses on fasting (interpretation of the meaning):

“Allaah intends for you ease, and He does not want to make things difficult for you”

[al-Baqarah 2:185]

Allah Knows Best. I love Islam.
Before I end this, I'm Sure that You Know what the Answer For the Question, Surely To Fast. :)

I want to wish you Happy Fasting 2009! May Allah gives us His Blessings. Amin. :)

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new teacher experience a new life!

Reminiscence

GLAD it's ALMOST OVER!