South Island New Zealand

I had a road trip to cover my tour in New Zealand. I travelled in the North Island last year and this year, I thought why not I travel in the South. Oh well I did cover the South Island, from Picton to Picton. I travelled to all the cities in the East Coast and All the Cities in the West Coast. Here is the stories and what I did. Actually before you read, I was in a budget so I didn't do many expensive activities that could kill you (literally kill you) like bungy, sky diving or rafting. lol. I didn't feel like doing all the things because I prefer to see the sceneries and enjoy the ambiance.

The Starting Point
Everything started at Wellington when I took the ferry to Picton. The ferry fee was NZD52 from Wellington to Picton. It was an awesome journey because the weather was fine. I was lucky about it or else I would easily get sick in a voyage.In the ferry,I went to the top deck to see the view from it. There are many islands because the ferry went through a sound to get to Picton. It was very cold because of the chilly wind from south that get into my bone marrow. In Picton I disembarked from the big Interislander ferry and checkout through the gangway. It was awesome when I moved out from it because I could see the I felt eager to set my foot on the south island land. Oh, i felt great at first. After I claimed my luggage and all that, I moved to the Ace Rental Car company to claim my booking. I told you the story before if you read about it before this post. It was really pain in ass because they slowed my trip down and they made me angry. I couldn't believed it they spoiled my mood there. However, I am a very patient person.
The Driving
The driving started from Picton to Christchurch (chch). I was a long way and the view a long the road are the same things, the beaches, hills, farmland, cows, sheeps, etc. We stopped at Chch for sometimes and intended to sleep overnight there in a car. However, it turned out to be that the car is no a suitable place to sleep in especially if you didn't have a duvet etc. I slept for only a few hours in the car at the driver's seat. After that, I decided to drive to Timaru because I couldn't sleep that night. I drove to Timaru and arrived there about midnight and found a place to park the car and sleep. I slept there until the next morning. I woke up quite early about 8 am and started the engine to heat it up before resume driving to Dunedin.
After that I arrive at Dunedin. I went to all the places in the city. Steepest street. Cadbury factory. Nice place.This picture is taken when I was spending the night at Dunedin. It was a busy night because it's weekend. Everybody was busy drinking and having fun. Oh by the way, lots of people drink in NZ cause it's their culture.

After that in the early morning, I drove down to Invercargill and went straight to Sterling Point which is the furthest. It was beautiful like other parts of NZ.

I'm just too lazy to write about this trip any more because there are so many places that I went to. I'll just show you pictures of the place that I went to. After this okay.

This is Milford Sound. It was beautifully stunning. I was mesmerised by it when I first came there. It is really a good place to escape from technology. (Not really) but you don't have to worry about people calling you cause there is no network coverage at all. They provide you with public phone so don't worry about it.
This is Queenstown.
This is also Queenstown.

Okay, I've finally arrive to the end of this post. I'll edit this post later to add more story in it. I just want to up date my blog as soon as possible. Tata!!

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new teacher experience a new life!

Reminiscence

GLAD it's ALMOST OVER!