Politik Wang / Money and Politics / Rasuah / Bribes / Corruptions / Transparency

Bisamillah ar rahman ar rahim - Alhamdulillah rabbilamin
Thank you Allah for giving me strength and power and mind to think and inspiration for this post.

Bribery as we all know is very detrimental to the nation we live in. When I was in New Zealand last year, I was halted my a policeman because I was caught for speeding. Yes, I know I broke the rule but I didn't realise that I was speeding until the police was behind me. I was speeding at 100 Km/H and the speed limit was 100 k. In New Zealand the speed limit is never beyond 100K. Because I'm too used to driving in Malaysia with speed limit 110 KM/j.

Then I pulled over at the roadside. The police was strict. Didn't really initiate much conversation and he just asked for my passport and driving licence. He told me that I was speeding and going to give me ticket. He just explained to me how to make the payment and I can appeal to the court of justice if I refused to do it. That was in New Zealand and no wonder their transparency index was really low (refer to transparency survey)

That was in New Zealand, back in Malaysia I have another quite similar story to tell which is another encounter with the police here. When I was with a friend and it wasn't me who drove the car anyway, I just saw everything that happened. There were these policemen stopped us for the same reason as above. We were caught for speeding again it wasn't me who drove the car it was my friend. He was speeding for 140km/h from Kuala Lumpur to Seremban. This happened long time ago and it just happened that I want to write about this rasuah story. These two policemen stopped us and asked for ic and driving licence. Okay, this is weird you know. They didn't just ask the ic and driving licence from the driver but me as well. Then something very weird happened. They started writing something on a piece of paper (maybe details of our ic and driving licence, or buat-buat write something down IDK). Then after that they started initiating conversation telling us that both of us have made mistakes (ok we were young 19 at that time)anak-anak lagi) and they started telling us that it might tarnish our future because we might not able to further our studies if we're black listed in crime. I was freaking out cause I was meant to go overseas. Then, they told us that we might need to pay at least 300 to 400 ringgit at the counter. Then, my friend asked him" What are going to do then?" The officer said" it's simple, just give us some money and we can make things right again." Okay that's it for them.

I am just wondering why are we having too many officers who receive and accept all the kind bribery. I also witnessed bribery that happened at LC CT recently. Customs being bribed by a person. So many bribery here. I can't believe it. The people who do it are Muslims. yes. Muslims.

I really hope that this might not happen if they know what are the consequences in giving and receiving corruption.

Allah has made corruption haram in the Qur'an by saying;
وِلاَ تَأْكُلُواْ أَمْوَٰلَهُمْ بَينَكُم بِالْبَاطِلِ وَتُدْلُواْ بِهَا إِلىَ الْحُكَّامِ لِتَأْكُلُواْ فَرِيقًا مِّنْ أَمْوَالِ النَّاسِ بِاْلإِثْمِ وَأَنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ
meaning "And do not eat up your property among yourselves for vanities, nor use it as bait for the judges, with intent that ye may eat up wrongfully and knowingly a little of (other) people's property (Al Baqarah, 188)

also mentioned in Hadith
لَعَنَ رَسُولُ اللهِ الرَاشِيَ وَالْمُرْتَشِيَ فِي الْحُكْمِ
meaning:
“Rasulluah s.a.w telah melaknat pemberi rasuah dan penerima rasuah dalam penetapan keputusan (pemerintahan, pentadbiran, kehakiman dll)” [Riwayat at-Tirmudzi, 3 / 622 : Imam at-Tirmudzi berkata : Hadith Hasan Sohih] (tak jumper english pnyer lol).

Didn't they realise that bribery is very detrimental indeed and lead to chastisement in the hereafter. huhu... I don't dare giving and receiving any.

Ok just food for your thoughts. Malaysia the 47th country that have quite a number of bribery. lol.. we need more transparency.

Comments

  1. i totally agree. my sister had to pay a certain amount of 'duit rasuah' to the JPJ officer to pass her driving test just recently. Otherwise she will fail no matter how well she drives the car.

    William

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new teacher experience a new life!

Reminiscence

GLAD it's ALMOST OVER!