Winter Break @ South Island






href="file:///C:%5CDOCUME%7E1%5CFauzi%5CLOCALS%7E1%5CTemp%5Cmsohtmlclip1%5C01%5Cclip_filelist.xml">

June 24, 2008 Tuesday

This is the second journey I made this winter holiday after studies stopped few weeks ago. I am really happy now as I just saw sleet rain fell from the sky and hit my wind screen of the black Toyota Previa that I was driving. It was really exciting as it was my first time to see such an amazing thing.

Okay, this was roughly what happened today. I slept really late at about 3 a.m. after I finished packing for stuff to bring to South Island. Then I was awakened by the tone of my Sony Ericson PDA phone calling like “where did you get your body from? I got it from my mama” at about 5.00 a.m. in the morning. I was really sleepy at that time and I replied to Syafiq telling him that to call me at 0550. He did but I ignored it because I was in the shower. Then I walked to Syafiq’s house but the shuttle took me before I could get to his place. Arrived at the airport at 7 and checked in. We waited for about an hour before flying with Pacific Blue to Christchurch. Arrived at Christchurch at about 1000 and wondered around the airport looking for Ace rentals but unfortunately it was not there. We supposed to catch a shuttle to get to their office which is about 15 minutes from the airport. Oh well, when we were waiting for the shuttle, I criticised the girls that they brought enormous baggage as if the rental car would be damn big for these people to fit their stuff in. After a while I thought that, “Oh well it’s them who’ll be suffering for no leg room because most of the space used for big luggage”. In other word I don’t care.

Okay back to the timeline, after we’ve got the car we went to Temasek House which is a Singaporean owned restaurant. I ate sambal prawn, it was nothing unusual about it cause I think Joe (a flatmate) would cook better than them. I couldn’t understand why these girls said it tastes good to eat there. Probably it is the ambiance. The change of environment. Could be. After that, they wanted to go to Dress Smart. A very tiny winy shopping mall (can I call it a mall?) that have nothing but bargain items. I didn’t buy anything there as nothing attracted my interest.

Oh after that we had fun at a park taking pictures. It was really cold and I could still see some ice on ground. I was really freezing until my hand started to become numb the moment I went out of the MPV. Oh well, it was interesting. After a while, we went to search for our backpackers. We went around the town for few times because I missed turns. It was funny and hilarious. When we finally found it, another problem arose. Haha… this time it was parking. Went few blocks away from the backpackers and hang in the MPV for an hour before went back to public car park opposite the lodge. I was really tired after that and fell asleep right after I checked into my room. It was a disaster because I could feel it that I lacked of sleep. Slept for 2 hours and went to Nando’s to eat dinner at about 2000. Then, went to Countdown to get some groceries. After that, went to Cathedral Squares to take some pictures. It was fun. Went back to backpackers at 2300 ish. I started typing this entry till now. Oh I fell sleepy now. I want to sleep because I need to drive tomorrow at dawn after subuh. :P Adios.

June 25th, 2008 Wednesday

Meet again today, Okay this is what was roughly what happen today. It was really early when left the backpackers. I think it was at 7 something but the funny part was we got out of Christchurch at 9ish because we didn’t take the right turn. Thanks to the map reader. Haha…Don’t blame it on me.

First sighted of snow, it was white and realy soft and kewl. Made them into ball and threw them to friends. Seems funny. Lol

Everything else was just driving to Franz Josef.

June 26th, 2008 Thursday

Today is cool too as I went to the glacier and walk on it. It was really something. At first I thought it was a big black rock, but it was not. It is ice. An enormous block of ice. We went near to the glacier then we were asked to wear crampons on so that we could walk on ice easily as it gives us grip. OH well did do much thing today cause we were too tired to do something else.

June 27th, 28th, 29th, and 30th 2008

All of a sudden I felt really lazy to type everything in this blog. Oh well you can think about it later, right? Basically everything is great!!! We went home on the 1st of July 2008. Haha…we went home with a great memory. Oh well, most of I in there refers to everybody.

People who went are Me, Syarafina, Lorex, Syafiq, Taq, Rini, Zura, and Riza.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

A new teacher experience a new life!

Reminiscence

GLAD it's ALMOST OVER!